To my dear readers,
I thought you might like a little peek into what constitutes rules at my house.
Here we go.
1. If you make a mess, CLEAN IT UP! (I know wishful thinking, still, a girl can always dream)
2. If you go in my sewing room don't make a mess. (this one may seem a bit ironic, seeing as how my sewing room IS a big mess already. But hey, it's MY mess. Don't you dare mess with MY mess.)
3. If you go out, Shut The DOOR!
4. If you come in Shut The DOOR!
5. If mom asks you nicely, to do something, compliance is NOT optional.
6. If mom yells at you to get back here and do that job, it's probably because you ignored rule #5.
7. If you go, Flush! If it won't flush, then, Go. Get. The. PLUNGER!
8. Along those same lines, if you GO, then you better WASH! (this one especially applies to Shawn and Lorelai.) Although Lorelai has gotten much better.
9. If you bring home restaurant leftovers, eat them.
If they are in the refrigerator for more than 5 days, kiss them goodbye. (because I will toss them.)
10. Don't open more than one tube of toothpaste, bar of soap or bottle of shampoo at a time. (This one is almost exclusively meant for Shawn.)
11. Don't you DARE get peanut butter in the jam. (If you have to, use two knives.)
12. Don't go crazy making color copies unless you plan to buy the next ink refill.
13. Stay OUT of medicine unless you ask mom FIRST! (Another rule applying almost exclusively to Shawn.)
14. If the phone rings more than 6 times without mom answering it, check caller ID. If it's someone we know, and generally like to talk to, then please answer it. If it is someone you don't know, it probably means it's for dad, and it's still ringing, because mom, is refusing to answer it. Because she is sick of being his secretary while he is away. Therefore if you answer it under these conditions. . . . don't call ME to pick it up. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!
15. Don't waste a paper towel when a cloth one will do.
16. Consequently, if you use a cloth towel to clean up a mess, don't you dare hang it back up. . . . put it in the DIRTY clothes!
17. No swearing. (mom is exempt from this rule but only if she is REALLY FURIOUS about something.)
18. If a Salesman comes to the door, call mom. (Why should you get all the fun.)
19. Never, and I DO mean NEVER, park behind my van when it is in the garage. (Donald, Jeff. . .you know exactly what I mean.)
20. Everyone is in charge of their own junk mail. Stop leaving it on the kitchen counter. Dad and I bought a super heavy duty, cross cut, SHREDDER several months ago.
21. If you turn on a light, (any light) turn it off when you are done. (do you have any idea what a pain it is to replace that little lightbulb UNDER the microwave?)
22. NO COOKING BACON IN THE HOUSE! AND IF YOU DO IT, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, AND I HAVE TO SMELL IT, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS!!!!!!
23. To assure Pleasantness, and a general atmosphere of Harmony. Always employ the GOLDEN RULE.
Monday, August 3, 2009
To my dear readers,
Posted by SuzanSayz at 4:37 PM