Monday, November 3, 2008

Five more things

My niece Alicia tagged me last week and I have finally found the time to do it. Sorry to take so long Alicia.

Well here I go.

5 things I was doing 10 years ago

1. Being amazed that my two oldest were already 21 and 20. ( Now my two youngest are 20 and 22.) I'm not sure though that I would classify them all as grown-ups.

2. Praying that my oldest, Donald, had finally outgrown doing stupid things.

3. Advising my oldest, Donald, after he had done a few more stupid things.

4. Welcoming our first grandchild Abbey into our family.

5. Looking forward to the day when we would actually get up the gumption to sell our old house, buy a new house and live in a much better neighborhood. I'm still not sure why it took us so long.

5 things on my to do list for today.

1. Go exercise with Shawn. (Did it)

2. Go over my checkbook and pay bills. (Did it)

3. Go get a fill for my nails. (About to do it)

4. Go see my mom in the Hospital. She's not doing well and I need to take the chance while I still have one. (Will do for sure!)

5. Make dinner instead of a "fend for yourself" night. (Iffy, definitely iffy)

5 things I would do if I were a Millionaire (I'm assuming this would be a Multi-Millionaire)

1. Explore the world. (Sometimes with kids and grandkids along)

2. Buy a new house built to my specifications. (I love my current house but it does fall short in a few areas)

3. Make sure that my children and grandchildren have everything they need and a lot of what they want. (To a limit of course. I wouldn't want to create a welfare state or anything)

4. Donate large amounts of money to worthy causes. (Not a dime to politicians)

5. Give a card containing 1000 dollars to every young couple I know who get married.

5 places I have lived

1. Seattle and it's Suburbs(where I grew up)

2. Provo Utah

3. Pasco Wa

4. Richland Wa

5. Kennewick Wa (Where I grow old)

5 jobs I have had

1. Fairly reluctant babysitter. (Don't worry, no one ever drowned or anything on my watch)

2. Triple XXX, (In Des Moines, one of those Suburbs I mentioned) And NO, it was a drive-in, so get your mind out of that gutter.

3.Potato fields (Pasco)

4. Potato Processing Plant (Richland)

5. Old Folks Home (Yet more babysitting, this time though, the nurses had to change the diapers)

5 people I tag

1. Lisa 2. Donald 3. Mandi 4. Mikey 5. Tami.


Rules: Each player answers the question themselves. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

10 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Well, I was relieved when Alicia tagged Cindy instead of me, but now I've been hit as well!

Interesting read - I vaguely remember you working at the XXX before it morphed into the All american Drive-In... Then a Teriyaki joint, and a few years ago they finally tore down the big rootbeer barrel so it just looks like any other teriyaki joint...

Alicia said...

Susan, thanks for playing the tag game! I liked your answers, it's pretty crazy the things that change in 10 years!

SuzanSayz said...

They tore down the Rootbeer Barrel? Is nothing sacred these days?

Jan said...

I am proud of your list accomplishments. Good for you Susan.

Mandi said...

Thanks Susan - I will endeavour to get this done over the next few days and will let you know when its complete!!! :)

dani said...

that was a great tag and list, suz:) i hope you had a good visit with your mom; i hate to read that she's not doing better.
take care.
love,
dani

The Donald said...

I will do your tag, but it might be a day or two. But I will do it!

Mandi said...

Tag completed!!! :)

Lisa Christine said...

Thanks for the tag...I did it last night...go read :)

Lisa Christine said...

I forgot all about Scarfleaah!!!!

Thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!!!