Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Exciting news about Kelly

I got a call from CBC, the local community college that my son Kelly attends, late yesterday morning.
I was told that a poem he had submitted to their yearly writers contest won first prize.

I didn't even know that he had entered.

I was so excited for him. He was actually at school at the time and I never call his phone if I know that he's in class so I had to wait for him to get home to give him the good news. I wasn't totally clear on just what he had won. I thought that Gwen, the woman who had called me with the news might have said he won the top prize of the whole competition.
We found out this morning that it was first prize in the poetry division not the grand prize over all.

I don't mind though. I'm just so thrilled and pleased and proud and all of those other emotions that you would expect me to be feeling.

The awards ceremony is tomorrow night.

They want Kelly to read his poem to the audience.

If you would like to read it for yourself, here is a link to his post that he just did telling all about it.

Now, I only have one thing to worry about.



What to wear?

5 comments:

dswillis said...

Congratulations, Kelly.

Kelly said...

Thanks Mom :)

I wouldn't worry about what to wear. I'm just going to show up in my street clothes seeing as how I'll be coming straight from work. And I'm going to be speaking.

Alicia said...

What to wear is always the hardest question. Congrats Kelly!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Su, obviously you should wear something REALLY flashy, with lots of rhinestones and feathers.

And a big toyota logo on a chain around your neck.

Yeah.

Jen A. said...

Yay Kelly!