Monday, December 28, 2009


Sorry to take so long to show you what Shawn gave me (and Don) for Christmas.
He was so excited for me to open it and I assure you he was not disappointed.
I told him that I thought it was a really good choice. I pointed out to him that I loved Alien (As well as Aliens, after that I thought the whole franchise fell apart. Why can't they ever leave well enough alone?) And, I told him that I liked Predator as well.
Of course it was agreed that it was also appropriate for his viewing since it was PG13. And of course he showed me his favorite part of any DVD box.
The "Rating".
But more importantly why it has received that particular rating. Shawn read it to me with great pride,
PG-13
Violence, Language, (he kinda tried to skim past that one. The little stinker) Horror Images, Slime and Gore.
The last three descriptors, Horror, Slime, Gore, said with great emphasis.
It should be pointed out that Shawn loves those "off the beaten path" descriptive words the best.
Have I watched it yet?
No. I haven't.
I will though.
One day.
I'm pretty sure that as long as I'm willing to "share", that he won't really ever feel the need to check on whether I've actually ever watched it or not.
Thank you Mr Shawn.
Next time, I think I will have to point out to him how much I would like a DVD copy of "You've Got Mail".
So. How was your Christmas?

10 comments:

Josephine said...

That is great!! I'm so glad he managed to resist the urge to open it or tell you what it was :) Good luck with You've got Mail..... ;)

David said...

our christmas was great! glad yours was too.

looks like it's a slow comment day all around. even lisa has a lowly amount of comments.

so, did you get the movie or the soundtrack? sounds like the movie, but the pic is of the soundtrack?

Jen A. said...

The kids come home tomorrow~ our Christmas has been continued till then!! There is a LARGE stash of Santa items yet to be unwrapped!!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I love that he thought this was the perfect gift for you. Ya know what "they"say... always give something that you would like to recieve yourself. Looks like Mr. Shawn was listening!

We had a great day, everyone got along and was appreciative (sp?) of their gift.

Jennybell said...

OOOOHHHH what every mom wants! Blood and Gore! Wait we all got that with childbirth :)

Heidi D said...

HA HA AHHHH AHHH HA HA HA!!! That's AWESOME!!!

{wipe tear}

I've seen this movie and it's not bad. It's not going to win any awards, but it's a good stupid movie.

Lisa Christine said...

Oh I hope he does get you "You've Got Mail" so that I can borrow it.

Jeanette said...

I think that is so sweet! Good job Shawn :)

dani said...

two thumbs up for shawn!!! now, you must watch it and give us a review, tee-hee:b
much love,
dani xxx

libbie said...

Ahhhhh HAAAAA!!! I LOVE IT! Shawn is so awesome! And so are you for being such a good sport!