Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Disclaimer: I apologize for the huge margins. I was tired and didn't feel like taking the time to fix things after adding the picture of the . . . well read on and see.

Okay. Okay. I know. Time for a new post. It's amazing just how fast three weeks without a new post can go by.
I have one small happy to share and one semi serious "what I would do if".

My Small Happy;

This morning I just happened to look at the package of Oreo's on my dresser that Don bought last week and has been slowly eating for the last several days. All by himself.

I try to resist the Oreo temptation.
In fact I can honestly say that Don had pretty much had the entire bag to himself.

However,

This morning I looked at the empty package that had somehow managed to get polished off without any help from me.

I nudged it. You know? to make sure that it was indeed empty?!?


Yup. Just as I figured.

Empty.

One dead bag of Oreo's.
Or was it?


I looked inside.

Just to satisfy my curiosity before I toss it away. of course


Empty. Empty. empty. . . empty?????

Wait!

One small crumb. Just cookie. No cream.

Don't mind if I do.
Waaaait!

Do I see a larger flash of dark brown?

Way back in the way back.

One. Lonely. Forgotten. Oreo.



Wellll???

Well what? Of course I ate it. How lovely to have the one, last, almost undiscovered, Oreo.

Just one small problem. An unforeseen little dilemma concerning the dynamics of eating the LAST Oreo.

Do you know how frustrating it is to not be able to reach in and have. . . .

ONE

MORE

OREO???????

Now for my "What I would do IF"

You know how there are always old ladies who drench themselves in the most nasty obnoxious smelling perfumes ever. It's like you smell them coming five minutes before you can even spot them. And the stench of their favorite fragrance usually lingers in the air for hours afterwards.

And heaven FORBID you ever wind up in an elevator with a few of the red hatted dears who have apparently gone swimming in the stuff before descending on the mall.

Oh yes. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Well this is what I have decided to do if I ever end up winning a really big lottery. Well or making it rich in some other unlikely way.

I would go to every store. Every place wherever. Within, say, a 50 mile radius of Kennewick. Anywhere that they still sell one of the absolute worst smelling "Old Lady" Perfumes of all time.
Windsong

And buy up every single, retched, reeking, nasty smelling bottle of the stuff I can find. Then take it to the closest incinerator and destroy it all.

BWAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAA!!!! yes that's right cue the evil laugh

Avon used to have an equally horrible fragrance called Bird of Paradise. If you ever come across a rogue bottle of it please do what ever it takes to destroy it.

If I have offended anyone by this post, please realize that first of all

I. DON'T. CARE.

And second, be happy that you know once and for all that the people who run when they smell you coming aren't being rude at all.

It is simply an act of


Self preservation!

12 comments:

Heidi D said...

I think Oreos are the cookie cousin to Lays potato chips.

I think you will care about offending someone if they stop commenting. I know how you love your comments. Just saying{sing song voice}

Stephanie said...

Cookies and scents..............No perfume here. Thank goodness.

Jennybell said...

my mom and her aunt (it should tell her something that her 80+ yr old aunt likes it!) love Estee Lauder's Youth Dew and I think -- GAG!
I don't like many perfumes, I go more for lotions, they're not so over powering.
My husband could polish off a bag of Oreo's all by himself! That man can eat tubs of lard and sugar and never gain an ounce. I think I gain it from him through osmosis :)

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

The only way oreos can be more addictive is if they're the golden variety. It's IMPOSSIBLE to not eat at least 1/3 of the box in a sitting....

Alicia said...

I know how the oreo thing goes. I started out with three last night, but ended up with five. They were delicious!

SuzanSayz said...

I just realized that I didn't put up a title for this post.
Hmmm. If a post is posted in the forest without a title can you still hear it fall?

Lisa said...

I eat oreos by the 5s. 4 leaves me longing for more, 6 makes me a little too full. 5 is perfect. Dunked in Milk, of course.

And why are those women at the mall? Always in the food court - never shopping.

The only problem with your plan is that supply = demand and with you making it appear demand is increasing, they'll just send more. Lots and lots more. And that would be so very bad.

Happy Wednesday Night!

Jeanette said...

I love Oreos! They don't last long in our house. If they make it more than a day, someone has hid them somewhere.

I have a strong smeller. When I was pregnant I wished I could break it off. Smells made me so sick. I still can smell that strong abnoxious perfume when they leave the room. I'm with you on this one!

Amy J. said...

OK...first, I have always loved your large margains and have never been able to make my blog cooperate. It is easy to read and pleasing to the eye.

Second...I have such a hard time with strong perfumes! We were at an amazing performance at the high school several weeks ago and the lady in front of me...well lets just say you could see the fumes. I spent the whole two hours with my coat pulled over my nose. But it happened. Before the show was over I had a whopin headache that lasted for THREE DAYS!!!! Do you have an account where we can desposit some donation money to your anti perfume foundation?

Lisa Christine said...

Did you notice all the red hats last night....lol......hell night....(can you believe I just said that?)

Anywho....I love Oreos. Love them. They are perfection. Now I know what to give you on Mothers day (along with something else, of course because I don't think a bag of oreos would be much of a mothers day gift....)

Lisa Christine said...

Did you notice all the red hats last night....lol......hell night....(can you believe I just said that?)

Anywho....I love Oreos. Love them. They are perfection. Now I know what to give you on Mothers day (along with something else, of course because I don't think a bag of oreos would be much of a mothers day gift....)

dani said...

got milk!!?!?

and i was sure you would mention emeraude and taboo... oh, and white shoulders, ugh!!!

:D
much love,
dani xxx