Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wow wow wow!

Sorry to have neglected my blog for so long, but I have been too busy.

"Busy doing what?" You might ask.

Well, I'll tell you.

Making dresses!

Dresses, dresses, and more DRESSES!

(Lovely little Lindsay modeling one of my dresses)

I had a show to sell my dresses at and have been sewing round the clock to get ready for it. I was a little nervous how well they would sell, because the last show I did (actually, it was also my first one)

I didn't do so well.

This was only my second time to see if the public would like my creations enough to shell out cold hard cash. And,

guess what?

They liked me! They really liked me!!! (sorry Sally Field I couldn't resist)

I sold so many dresses I lost count.
It is such a rush to have other people value what you create.

I loved interacting with my customers.

I LOVED seeing little girls so excited by all the different dresses.

I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED, watching countless mamas liking one dress and their little daughters wanting a different one.

I couldn't wait to get home and count out how much money I made. Are you ready for how much?

Drum



Roll



Please. . . . . . .




dadadadadadadadadadadadadadad. . . . . . . .




. . . . . . I made 406 dollars! . . . . .

I was shocked that I made that much. Up til now I have mostly made dresses to give away.

You know? I do have 5 grandaughters after all. And yes I have sold a few here and there, but never like this.

In one fell swoop.

And even better, I found out about another show on July 9th. For those of you who are local, it will be in the parking lot of the Pasco Yokes on Rd 68. At the far end, in fact right in front of where I get my nails done at Hot Spa Nails. (I can't wait to tell Annie, who does my nails and who knows that I make and sell dresses. I know she will be excited for me)

I have never worked a full time job but that's basically what I will be doing now.

So, poor little blog, you will probably be left to your own devices for a while longer. But don't feel bad. I'll come back as soon as I can.

Here are pictures of a few of the dresses I had yesterday.

I still have this little 4th of July one as well as one more that didn't sell. If you are interested in buying them let me know. It's a little snug on Lex but Lorelai wasn't feeling too cooperative that day. It would fit from a size 3 up to a size 5 to 6 the way it's made to grow with the child. I had it priced at
28$ but it's yours for 20 if you want it.



This one sold. I might have to give Lorelai a treat for modeling tee hee



The one Alexandra is wearing sold, and the one Lori is wearing I got two orders for. One a size larger, and one smaller.

This one sold as well, Thanks Lex. She is always happy to model for me!

This one sold




This one too.


Well, nice chatting with ya! I'm off.



Want to guess what I will be doing? tee hee hee hee

3 comments:

dswillis said...

I am so happy for your deserved success. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.


p.s. Sorry about the delete. To many typo's

SuzanSayz said...

Hmm, I just thought of something. I did get a pretty bad sunburn being out there in full sun for so many hours. . . . . I wonder if I should subract 2 points. . . na, it was worth it.

David said...

congratulations, that's a nice haul!