Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeff




Tomorrow Oct 17 is my
son-in-law Jeff's birthday. He will be 31.
As luck would have it the only pictures I could find of him are from his and Heidi's first year of marriage.
Somehow though, I have a feeling that Jeff will enjoy seeing these pictures of him when he was in his prime.
In other words before 12 years of marriage,
before two (precious, sweet, adorable, beautiful and intelligent) little daughters.
And before being let go from a job that he figured he would have for years, and maybe even for life. (with several promotions along the way of course)
Yes it's been a long hard year for Jeff
as well as for my daughter Heidi
and for my darling grandaughters Abbey and Lindsay.
But they have made it through and are that much older and wiser.
So yes, it's fun to see pictures of young, innocent, Jeff.
Newly married with his whole life before him.
But I think I like 31 year old, a little roughed up around the edges, a little heavier perhaps, maybe not the exact hairline of 10 years ago
But.
We love him.
We wouldn't trade him for anyone else.
He fit right into our family.
Just like a lost puzzle piece.
We love his sense of humor.
We love his quick mind.
I particularly love all of the little inside jokes that we both share.
(Mother Sorenson, Hefe,) You know inside stuff.
We love him, sometimes, even in spite of himself.
Because after all, no one is perfect.
So Happy Birthday to you dear son-in-law.
I hope you have a great day doing all the things you love best!
Tons of love Susan

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happfy Birthday Jeff.
Isn't it wonderful to be loved by your inlaws?! Susan , you have a wonderful family!

I am worried for little Elisabeth.
We are praying for all the Sorenson's to get well soon.

Heidi D said...

I do love that man of mine. So much so that I've resigned myself to let him have his boring birthday.

No going out or even letting me throw him a party...cuz he hates them. No, I'm letting him watch cartoons, the History Channel, nap, and play all of the video games he wants...and I won't say a thing.

I will also be cooking and baking for him all day long because that is one of his most favorite things ever.

Happy Birthday Jeff. I loooooove you. <3 <3 <3 (my attempt at hearts)

Kelly said...

To Jeff! :raises a glass of sparkling apple/grape cider: The extra dork (in a good way) the Sorenson family had been waiting for :)

I know I appreciate having him as a brother in law. I really lucked out having somebody with a lot of the same interests as me.

Jeff (of Heidi &) said...

I do enjoy the pictures. It's hard to remember how slim I was back then. That was **mumble, mumble, mumble** pounds lighter. That was also before I figured out better hair and glasses.

I remember when those pictures were taken. That was over at your parents house.

I've always felt blessed gaining an entire family when I married Heidi. There was unconditional love from the very beggining.

Thanks for the great post. I love you and Don too.

Lisa Christine said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!!!!

Enjoy a day full of video games, the history channel, and Heidi's baked goods!

dani said...

happy birthday, jeff!!!
much love,
dani xxx

David said...

happy birthday! it seems like the whole blogging community has birthdays this month. all i have been doing is wishing people happy birthday!!