Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Way to go Abbey!!

It is my great pleasure to announce that my darling little Abbey (that would be my oldest grandaughter) has started a blog of her own!

For Christmas she got a REAL camera.

That would be real ,as in not a 15 -20 dollar kid camera.

She was so thrilled that now she can take pictures with her own camera. I mentioned to her on Christmas that she might want to think about starting her own blog. She was very taken with that idea. She wanted me to help her set it up.

Unfortunately that grandmother, grandaughter moment was not to be.

The only way I could help her was if my daughter, son or daughter-in-law was sitting next to me telling me what to do.

Yes, that would be me, completely computer challenged.

Fortunately Abbey's mom, my daughter Heidi came through. She helped Abbey set up her blog and she has already done two posts.


Heidi has announced the arrival of Abbey's new blog here on her site.

Aaaand, being the indulgent grandma that I am, I am going to send all my friends to Abbey's blog, here.
Now, I realize that not everyone will want to keep up with a ten year old girl's, thoughts, pictures and cute ideas.

But I know a few of my friends do have young daughters of their own who have blogs. So if you happen to know of any young girls who have blogs, and would like to add a new friend, to their blogging world, then please send them Abbey's way.

I can vouch for what a fun, intelligent, creative, sweet and friendly little girl she is. So make a grandma happy and send your friendly thoughts her way.




Don't worry Abbey you don't have to pay me I'll just take it out of your birthday money.

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

I have TWO little girls that will love blogging with her. My 10 yr. old loves blogging and my 9 yr. old occasionally does too. I will definitely pass on the info. I think blogging for young kids is like an instant gratification pen pal.

Lisa Christine said...

I am so excited that Abbey has a blog!

Heidi D said...

I love that picture of her. She is so cute with her Pooh ears.

You know, I just set it up for her. She has learned how to do everything else all on her own. She didn't even ask for help on how to do pictures. Yup, that was all her doing.

Amanda said...

Good for her!
What a sweet girl ~ i will just pop across now to say hi!
hugs,
Amanda x

Tanya said...

How exciting!! I will drop by & say hi!!

love,
t. xxx

dani said...

she is precious, suz, and her blog is darling:)
much love,
dani

Stephanie said...

What a sweet Grandmother you are.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I'll pass it on to my girls, they like to read now and again. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

So cute! My Abby has a blog too. We'll have to hook them up with each other!

Mandi said...

Yeah Abbey!!!! Way to go Grandma, Im sure she will still think you set it up because it was your idea in the first place (you know how our memories fade as we get older!!! You will always be the one who "helped her set up her first blog" - well you planted the idea anyway!!!

My Three Sons said...

How adorable! Sounds like you have a fun little grandaughter (and darling, too!)

Your book list for '09 is so exciting! Several of my favorites are on there I LOVED The Other Boleyn Girl, (although it is a little racy!) and the Secret Life Of Bees! Atonement is on my reading list, as well. Happy reading!

My Three Sons said...

p.s. your Christmas tree is beautiful!

Amy J. said...

My kids have been begging for blogs, but I already have to fight them for time on the computer!