Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Don!

This will be short. That's how he would want it. Today is my husband's birthday. Before I met Don, 33 years ago, I always thought of February 2nd as Groundhog Day.

Now I know better.

For me, as it has been for the last 33 years, Feb. 2nd is Don's Birthday. Don doesn't usually enjoy people making a big deal about his birthday.

So I will try not to.

I will state only the facts.

Fact #1: Don was born February 2nd, 1956.

Fact#2: That makes him 53 years old today.

Fact#3: Don is and always has been a great husband.

Fact#4: He is my very best friend.

Fact#5: He never misses a chance to let me know how much he loves me.

Fact#6 He is incredibly responsible. If he is in charge of something you
never have to worry about him. I, on the other hand, can be pretty irresponsible. Which makes us a really good match.

Fact#7 He has no interest in my blog or any other blog. Meaning, I could probably write whatever I wanted to about him and he would never know. Fortunately I only want to write nice things about him.

So there you have it. Seven true facts about my guy, my husband Don.

Happy Birthday Honey, I love you.




PS, I tried to put a picture up but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. I did try though.

16 comments:

libbie said...

Happy Birthday to DON!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Have a very Happy Birthday Don.

Do you two have something special planned for the evening? If so, have a wonderful night.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Happy Birthday to one of my all-time favorite Brothers-in-Law!

Lisa Christine said...

Happy Birthday Don!

And I totally agree with you on the 'responsible' thing. He defines responsible.

SOrry I wasn't more help with the picture.

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Don. Yippee...

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Don. You have a real sweetheart for a wife.
Enjoy your day.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Happy Birthday Don! I hope that you will read this one. I along with Suzan am so glad that you were born!

KaTrina said...

What a nice post :) Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

H.B. Don!
Try loading his pic again. We want to see this awesome guy of yours!

Amanda said...

Hope Don has a very Happy Birthday! ~ you both are well matched and make a wonderful couple.
Are you doing anything special to celebrate?
Love,
Amanda x

David said...

Happy Birthday Don!!

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday Don!

dani said...

i hope your sweet guy had a wonderful birthday, suz, full of all the things and people he loves!!!
love,
dani

Jeanette said...

Happy belated birthday Don. I hope y'all had a fabulous time!

Mandi said...

Yep, I agree with everyone else, you have to get a picture loaded!!!

Wishing you a wonderful birthday Don!!! (Even though you never read Suzans blog, so you wont know this weird Aussie girl has wished you happy birthday!!) hee hee.xxx

Lorie said...

I hope he had a great birthday! He shares it with my grandma who is my favorite person in the world, so he must be pretty great to have a Feb. 2 birthday!!