Monday, April 12, 2010

Penny's from Heaven

Courtney and Nathan have just been blessed with a new little arrival.

They decided to adopt.

Just last Thursday,

after some serious contemplation,

and discussion,

Courtney went to meet her new little bundle of joy at the Pizza Barn in Finley,

of all places.

Nathan would have loved to have be there as well but he couldn't get away from work.

Her name is Penny. She is a precious little Red-Head, with the sweetest big brown eyes you've ever seen.

Needless to say, here at Sorenson central we are all smitten with this new little addition to the family.

Courtney was so thrilled and proud of her new little one that she brought her right over to my house so that Penny and Grandma could meet for the first time.

And now, courtesy of Lisa, I have pictures of Courtney and her darling little Penny to share with all of my friends.

I am thrilled to present to you,

Penny




Photobucket

Tee Hee


Did I fool anyone?


Probably not.


But anyway, isn't she just the cutest, sweetest, little thing?!?



Photobucket


We are all having so much fun getting to know her. She is such a little sweetheart.
I wish I had a picture of her tiny little pointed tail. It is so darned cute and it just wags and wags.

Photobucket Of course as is quite often the case with new little "girls", Daddy Nathan, is making it hard for Courtney to practice much discipline. She was determined that Penny would learn to sleep in her little bed on the floor but after a few whimpers Nathan gives in and insists that it's not going to hurt anything to let Penny sleep in their bed with them.

Photobucket



Courtney doesn't really mind though. She says that Penny snuggles up around her neck and they sleep together quite comfortably.


Courtney has also gotten a hold of some recipes and plans to make Dog Food.


I love seeing what a sweet little mama Courtney is with her new puppy. Abbey, Lindsay, Alexandra and Lorelai have all met Penny now and I think it is safe to say that they all love this new little "cousin" and hope to be able to spend as much time as possible with her.


I guess I really only have one quandary with all of this. . . .




Do I include one sweet little Daschund puppy in my grandchildren count?

11 comments:

Josephine said...

Oh what a cute little thing :) Gabe would love to get a dachshund, he had one growing up and loved her..... but mean old me says no! I think they're super cute, but I just don't know whether I want a high maintenance pet...I like my goldfish! I have to clean out the tank once every month or two, and twice I year I have to buy a new container of fish food....it's hard work ;) But when I see cute pictures like these I am almost tempted.....

Lisa said...

She is precious. Congrats!

(you had me going for a second, but I was thinking about the young status of Courtney and then recalled the recent flat bellied pictures of her. =D )


word id: "ackers" My definition: Hackers who are too full of themselves to pronounce the H.

Amanda said...

What a cute little dog ... and those eyes. Penny will get away with murder!
And she is too cute not to add to your Grandchildren count!
l,
A x

David said...

are you as annoyed as i am about idol last night?

first, little mike was not eliminated.

second, and worse, they made a point to tell us that he was not even the bottom 3, which is something they NEVER do, the point being to make it clear to us that mike is back in the game, that he last week was an abberation, that the judges were right about how good he is, that people really do love him, that we should continue voting for him, blah blah blah.

all very irritating.

SuzanSayz said...

David, I can either take up twenty inches here explaining just how much I agree with everything you said or I can do this;
ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto!

Debie Spurgeon said...

What a sweet little face, absolutely adorable.

Enjoy that little bundle Courtney.

Jennybell said...

very cute! My in laws always had that breed of dog. They spoiled them soooo bad! They built steps so they could get into the bed comfortably. One was so spoiled when it rode in the car it had to sit with its head on your shoulder, like you'd burp a baby! LOL!

Jeanette said...

How sweet! What a cute puppy. I am sure it is quickly becoming a member of the family. :)

David said...

i'm a little slow, but i have finally figured something out regarding american idol.

you know how each week seacrest will do a brief sitdown interview with one of the contestants, ask them a couple questions about themselves before they perform?

it finally dawned on me, finally, what this segment is really all about. It's a Coke ad. There's a big HUGE Coke sign flashing right behind Ryan and contestant during this faux interview. I wonder if the contestants realize that they are just pawns in an advertising game. That the segment is not about them at all, it's about us seeing COKE COKE COKE.

And something else interesting, we have noticed during the Coke ad/interview segment that Seacrest always uses a keyword in the interview, something like "fun" or "exciting" to reinforce the "Coca Cola" image we see.

Very tricky.

Oh well, at least Lady Gaga is on this week, which should be a huge improvement on Kesha and Usher and some of the other nontalents we've seen in the past few weeks.

Oh darnit, I just remembered that this week is Idol Gives Back. What a letdown.

I don't understand why it's called Idol Gives Back. They're not giving. We are the ones being asked for donations. WE are the ones giving. What exactly is Idol giving?

Lisa Christine said...

She is just the sweetest little thing! She almost makes me want to get a puppy (almost, but not quite) I would say that I have my hands full with my little Elisabeth + Lex and Lor.

Congrats on becoming a grandma (again)

dani said...

awwwweh, i love dachshunds!!! i had one when i was a little girl; her name was gertie. penny is simply precious and is definitely a grandchild:)
much love,
dani xxx