Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Helpful Little Tid Bit (of the breakfast kind)

In the interest of making my blog an all purpose, well rounded, little Slice Of Heaven. . . .
I am offering this nice little tip to all my friends out there in Blog Land.

I know, I know, could Non Linear Thinking possibly get any better.

Well check this out and then You tell Me.





How often do you have Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat for breakfast?


I am going to share my favorite way to enjoy hot cereal.
Instead of buying flavored instant Oatmeal, or GAG, that crime against nature known as Instant Cream of Wheat, Here is what I do:
I buy those tasty little, flavored non-dairy creamers. French Vanilla, Irish Cream, Sweet Italian Cream, Caramel Vanilla Cream. . . . You get the picture.



And then I mix a couple of tablespoons into my hot cereal along with the milk. Most of the time you don't even need any sugar.


I never knew that Oatmeal could taste so good.


And, my all time favorite hot cereal, Cream Of Wheat (not the icky instant kind of course) is even creamier and more delicious than I ever thought possible.


Try it. And then let me know what you think.

8 comments:

NormalToEatPB said...

my mother makes pancakes with creamer :) I like my oatmeal twice cooked - i boil water and put it on top of the oatmeal and prepare the way the package suggests, then I put the oatmeal in a pot to cook a little longer - i know, al the nutrients are gone by the time I'm done :)

Lisa Christine said...

I love myself some Cream of Wheat. Mmmmmmm....

Lisa said...

Oatmeal is gross. Cream of wheat has never crossed these lips. I bet it's grosser. So are grits, so ya know.

=P

dswillis said...

I am on my way to look at creamers this afternoon. I am checking for carbs before I splurge on the creamer for my steel cut oats.
Thank you for the tip.

Heidi D said...

I'll have to try that.

Jeanette said...

I am not a breakfast person. Living in the south, I have had grits more than I want to remember. I kinda put oatmeal and cream of wheat in that catagory. Yuck.

When I was young, I couldn't drink milk. My Mom made me cereal with creamer instead of milk. Your post brings back memories. :)

NormalToEatPB said...

left a msg for you on my blog - i so love ur honesty, i only wish u could have finished reading it because i need honest opinions :)

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I love both Oatmeal and Cream of Wheat... My favorite is the Irish oatmeal (nice, thick flakes) or Steel Cut Oats... I'll have to try this idea, because the flavored packets truly make me gag.