Friday, March 18, 2011

My American Idol Favorite

Even though I'm really enjoying the new judges on this Season of American Idol, I'm not into many of the contestants. Lisa and I have the same number one favorite


James Durbin

He is not only a completely adorable young Kurt Russell look-alike, he is as real and likable as any contestant has ever been.

He has Tourette Syndrome as well as Aspergers, which makes him seem a bit twitchy and jerky but I think that is a big part of what makes him completely genuine and unguarded in a way that few people in the spotlight ever are.

This week he gave an incredible performance and Jennifer mentioned that he was going to have girls swooning all over him.

Without even a second to think about it, he simply pointed to his Wedding Band.
Now with some of the contestants that would be more for show than anything,
but for James it was a completely spontaneous reaction that was so sweet and unconscious that you know this is a guy who would never even consider any other woman than the (in his words) "Angel" that he is married to.

I hope he makes it through to the very end. I predict that it will end up with him and Lauren as the final two.


I hope that's how it works out. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the judges are saving their one save on the horrible chance that either James or Lauren get voted off.

If I was a judge that's what I would do.

Who knows though. Who do you like so far?

8 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Yes, James is by far my favorite. In fact, I would go so far as to say he is one of my all-time favorite A.I. contestents. Along with Adam Lambert.

And I agree with you...I think he'll be there at the end with Lauren.

Lisa Christine said...

Ooops!

I forgot to say.....


FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(take that David!)

SuzanSayz said...

Oh that naughty David NEVER comments. He just eats my meatloaf and cheesy potatoes is all.
tee hee

Heidi D said...

I've grown to like him a lot more now that he's on the actual show. He was getting on my nerves in the Hollywood round.

Lauren was interesting until she said she was specializing in country music, I could care less after that. What a waste of talent. And, she's just a little to fakey pagenty precious for my tastes. She has a great voice, but I pick Pia for the more likable powerhouse vocals.

SuzanSayz said...

I haven't really taken the time to examine just why but Pia gets on my nerves BIG TIME!

NormalToEatPB said...

Yarg! i haven't been watching idol, but any guy that sweet deserves to get far :)

Lisa said...

/doesn't watch Idol
//hangs head in shame

dani said...

i love idol this season, and james is definitely one of my favorites if not my very favorite! i also adore casey; but jennifer is right, he needs to return to himself...
that being said, pia is VERY talented, however we really don't know anything about her (idol didn't do a back-story nor did they follow her in the beginning). so, it seems like she just shows up on the stage, takes her compliments, smiles, and leaves the stage. who is she???
oh, and there's something about jacob that conjures up emotion. he too is very talented but difficult to watch.
much love, suz,
dani xxx