Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome to Hell : Part 2

As I was saying, I really should have gone with my best instincts and just mailed off that stupid fine.

As a matter of fact I had decided to do just that.

We had another trip to the Seattle area coming up and I wanted the fine taken care of before we went.

We were going up on the 17th.

Early.

I had planned to mail it off before we left, but with the stress of packing, and just plain owing to my forgetful nature, it didn't get done. We were about 30 miles out of the Tri-Cities when Don asked me about "that Gig Harbor thing".

I was a little annoyed since HE had wanted to be in charge of it.

I let it slide though because I've done more things like that to him than he has ever done to me.

I told him that I just now realized I hadn't mailed it in. I told him it wasn't due until the 19th and that it could be paid over the phone or on the Internet.

At this point I wasn't terribly nervous, just a little perturbed with both of us.

Well we got to Seattle. Actually to Bellevue, but if you aren't familiar with the area Seattle will do.

We checked into our Hotel. (which was great btw another post on it later!) From there we preceded to have a nice time, which I won't go into because it doesn't pertain to my little story.

We came home on the 19th. Cutting it close. Thank goodness for the Internet and electronic phone option.

Well. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Guess what????

I got the notice, I went upstairs to pay it and vanish it from my life FOREVER.
It was only then when I happened to look at the date-to-be-paid-by.

It wasn't the 19th.

It had been due on the 16th.

Silent inner SCREAMING!!!!!!!

I knew right then that I should have known. After all the 19th was a Sunday. I had been wondering about that little curiosity all week end long. Why on earth would the Pierce County District Court have a final date- to- be- paid on a Sunday?

Suddenly things seemed a lot more ominous.

I went from being annoyed with the situation to being panic struck.

I have a thing about not getting things done after a deadline. At least for important government type stuff.

You know how things like that can really mess up your life.

So yes. You could safely say that I was in a state of panic. Unfortunately for me, it was only going to get worse!


To be continued yet again. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

7 comments:

Heidi D said...

I hate dealing with that kind of stuff. So, is Dad still going to fight it?

Alicia said...

You've got to stop playing mind games with your readers. I just want to hear the rest of the story!

Amanda said...

What happens next?
Have you got it all sorted out?
Let me know!
l,
Amanda x

Lisa Christine said...

You leave us hanging! What?!?

SuzanSayz said...

Sorry everybody, I really did mean to write the whole thing today. Something came up that I had to go attend to and I didn't want to save it and do it later because then the margins are so mixed up. Then I realized that I was in a pretty good spot to stop at. I'll try to finish it

SuzanSayz said...

By tonight.

Jeanette said...

and I will come back to find out!