Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What happens when I really don't have an idea for a new post, so I just start writing and take it where it goes.

Was there ever really a time when I didn't believe it possible to have nothing to blog about?

I knew that my one year blogging anniversary was coming up. I didn't know the exact date.

I just now checked and April 21st is the big day.

Almost one year of blogging for me.

Funny how a year of just about anything goes by so darn fast.
But contrary wise, if you tell someone they will have to wait a year for something, it will seem like an eternity.

The longest time I can remember waiting for something was nine months.

Anyone care to guess what I was waiting for?

It is true. The longer you have to wait for something the more you appreciate it when you get it.

Which brings me to a question.

Really more of a musing I think.

There has been a special recently, shown on TV,
TLC to be exact.
You have probably either watched it or heard similar stories.

I didn't watch it because I have heard enough similar stories to get the gist of the whole thing.

You know what I'm referring to I bet.

The women who had no idea that they were pregnant until they had a really bad day.

It would classify as a bad day. At least to my way of thinking.

Hours and hours of horrible unexplained pain, along with the, just as unexplained, leakage of bodily fluids. All to be followed by the unintended birth of a baby.

Can you imagine that? I really don't think I can.

Here you go Mrs Sorenson. I finally have a diagnoses for you.

Here is your new baby.

How on earth do you come to terms with something that completely unexpected?

I have had five children. I was aware of each of them growing in my body.

I had the morning sickness to prove it.

Also the cramps and several different kinds of pains. As well as several different uncomfortablenesses.

You try being five one with a short little torso and no room for the baby to grow after the first six months.

I've heard women talking about carrying a baby high, as well as low. Carrying it up front or having it become more of a pain in the back type thing.

Well if someone ever was to ask me how I carried my babies, low or high, front or back, my very brief answer would have to be YES.

As in yes to all of the above.

At the same time.

But at least I knew that there was a baby in there.

Would it take me, or you, longer to love and feel connected to an unheard of and unplanned for, baby?

What do you say to your husband when they finally track him down at work?

Surprise?

Or would you go with the universal solution,

Guess What?

Boy, would that be the Mother of all Guess Whats?

I certainly hope that after a few moments of utter and complete confusion that I would welcome my new baby and try to find the obvious humor in the situation.

You would certainly never be at a loss for an ice breaker at parties.

That's for darn sure.

Well, I guess that's all I have for now.

What do you think David? How's this for another short post.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

I'd also be interested how many times you have had absolutely nothing to blog about and just dived right in and ended up 180 degrees from where you though you were going.

What should I call this?

How about "Blogging without Borders"?

Oh my, and as luck would have it, I am finished just in time for American Idol.

Go Adam!!!!

Catch you all later!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Susan you are too funny.

Heidi D said...

I wish that would happen to me. I go nuts waiting and waiting. I would love to just all of a sudden have a baby. That would be ideal.

Lisa Christine said...

How in the world does a woman NOT know she is pregnant!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Well, with my first one, I realized it only when I was almost in my 3rd month, I had no morning sickness, we had had no luck in having a baby for six years, my monthly cycle was all messed up because I had stopped all my infertility treatments, so I didn't even think I was pregnant. I realized I was very hormonal one day and gained weight so I gave a try with a home ept, and I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

I had no morning sickness at all, the entire nine months. With my second one, the morning sickness started at 3 weeks from conception, I knew immediately what was going on.

But I agree with you, I mean, at one point, you feel the baby move, it's unmistakable, my little ones kicked so hard, I remember my ribs hurting at times.

Amanda said...

With the size i got to while pregnant with my boys there would be no way that pregnany could ever be a surprise to me!

Hope your enjoying American Idol :o)

Amanda x

Jennybell said...

I'd think if you were pregnant and didn't know it then had a baby, if the baby had ANYTHING wrong with it you'd be wracking your mind trying to remember if you'd drank alcohol, taken aspirin or what ever. You'd feel guilty for not knowing. I can't imagine being pregnant and still fitting in the same clothes!
I'm 5'6" but my first baby was 22 1/2 in. and 10lbs 7 oz. Believe me I KNEW he was in there!
I love the TLC show where they follow the new parents for the 1st 24 hrs.or so they're all a nervous wreck and worry over nothing! I can't watch A Baby's Story with out crying!
Isn't it funny how some days you think of multiple things to blog about then other days you got nothing!

Amy J. said...

It really does boggle my mind that there are ladeies out there that diden't know...but, my mom knew some lady that it happened too. She was told she couldn't have kids and she thought the had a tumor or something...I think she found out when she was about 8 months pregnant. WOW

Kristen said...

Hi Susan! It's been awhile since I've been on your blog. Whenever I do, I always wonder why I don't check it more often. Your writings are so amusing. I enjoy them.

I always think about you whenever I purchase toilet paper. That's just how a person wants to be remembered, right?! :o) The first post I ever read of yours was the one along time ago about the price of toilet paper per sheet, and the scam behind it.

I agree, I don't know how a woman can be pregnant and not know it! My massage instructor was an E.R. nurse in a city for years. Boy does she have the stories to tell. One of her stories was of a teenage girl that was brought in by her parents because of severe pain. They though she had appendicitis. Turned out she was in labor, never knew she was pregnant and even claimed she had never had sex either! Crazy huh?

Mandi said...

Hey there - I was just reading your blog when you commented on mine!!!!! Great minds.

I loved this post, I dont understand how anyone can not know they are carrying a baby, regardless of where its hiding, I just dont know how it is possible, seriously, no SERIOUSLY, its beyond my comprehension.

Particularly in those last weeks, IM SORRY, but I just CANNOT get my head around this AT ALL.

I could talk about this forever... but I wont, its just mind blowing.

Im not blogging much but wanted to say HI, I miss you, and hopefully will be able to afford a computer at home soon, so I can check in with you more often.

Take care my gorgeous twin, will catch you on the flip side........of whatever - what does that mean anyway, why did I write that, my fingers are just doing their own thing......

bye.....xxx

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this before. How on earth don't they know? Come on. What do they think it is? Gas?

Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Jeanette said...

I don't know how that can happen, but wouldn't it be cool?! I hated all 4 of my pregnancies (BUT love all 4 of my kids). Sicker than a dog. Bedrest for MONTHS. It would have been great to just be in pain for the labor and delivery vs. the months of agony.

dani said...

and since you've written this, it has happened yet again!!! did you hear the 911 call from the husband whose wife was having her baby in the bathtub???
i, like heidi^^^, have wished it would happen to me, ha!!!
love,
dani
ps. today's the 21st;
HAPPY 1ST BLOGGERVERSARY, SUZ!!!