Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Unexpected Michael

Something cute just happened, I don't know if any of you remember my writing about my grandaughter Lindsay and the boy two houses down that she is good friends with, you can read a couple of Lindsay and Michael posts here, and here .

So I'm sitting upstairs trying to come up with an idea for a post when someone knocks on the door downstairs.

I get up, go downstairs and for a change, I don't even ask who it is before I open the door.

Risky business, I know.

Anyway, it turned out to be Lindsay's friend Michael. He is just the cutest little eight year old boy. He could even be nine now, further research I guess.

The good news is, that he wasn't asking me to buy anything.

He had an assignment from school, where he was required to poll at least ten people and see how many of them are right handed and how many are left.

Did I mention how cute he is?

Well I informed him that I am most definitely a rightie. I thought that with my answer our little interview would be over.

Not so quick.

Without losing a beat, Michael quickly asked what hand Lindsay is.

Should I admit that I'm not sure?

I told him that I was almost positive that Little Miss Lindsay was right handed as well.

"I thought so." Michael answered. Then said thank you and good bye and went on his merry way.

See? Nothing earth shattering or really important.

Just a sweet, fun and cute little moment to break up the otherwise monotony of a typical Tuesday early evening.

Do you have a Michael in your neighborhood? I'm glad I do.

And I know that Lindsay will agree.

Okay,

good bye now!

13 comments:

KaTrina said...

That's adorable!

Heidi D said...

So cute. It will be interesting to see how it will be in about 4 years. That is, if they still live there.

David said...

your shortest post ever!

must be a little kid thing. i remember one day when i was little, dialing random phone numbers and conducting polls with whoever answered.

Lisa Christine said...

You weren't kdding...that was short!

Michael is adorable and I love that he and Lindsay's friendship has kept up over the past 3 or 4 years and that they can always pick up where they left off.

By the way, I need you to host another giveaway. I have finished 2bags of popcorn and just opened a 3rd. So good. I can't help myself. And normally I am not a popcorn kind of a girl.

SuzanSayz said...

Oh Lisa. You know perfectly well that even if I did have another giveaway, I would most likely have to declare all previous winners invalid.

Jeanette said...

So cute! We don't have a Michael here. We have a Cameron and he's a pest. :(

My youngest sister had a "Michael" and they are still best friends. I'm not sure how her hubby feels about that. ;)

Amanda said...

I have 4 little Michael's, and they are not always that cute!

Love,
Amanda x

Jennybell said...

I have Holy Terrors or Little Snots, OHHHH I do have little Julia and Johnathan. She is about 8 and he about 5 and adorable! They're only here part time, their Dad lives 2 doors over. OHHH can I count his child bride too? UGH! Nasty story! (he's not a pedifile she's about 26 now, I think she was his univ. student when he was married though)

Anonymous said...

A survey. How cute!

Amy J. said...

I love that he didn't just get on the phone and ask his closest relatives. I had a friend that lived down the street from my grandparents and that was so fun!

Tanya said...

Hi Suz, thank you!!! That's the sweetest post! Every neighbourhood should have a Michael!! He sounds like the cutest little boy!!

love,
t. xxxx

Tabitha said...

I agree, he does sound like a real cute boy!
Lauren has some little 'boy' friends at school ~ they are all quite cute too!
Just off to catch up with your other posts ~ I am such a bad blogger ha ha !
Love and hugs Tab XXX

dani said...

no "little michaels" on the lane... however, we have a new born, anna, on the corner:) so sweet:)
love,
dani