Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh my love

Well, well well, I never thought it could happen to me. I have absolutely NO idea what to blog about. I thought about just not writing a new post until I have a definite subject in mind, but I am so close to my 50th post that I can't just do nothing.

I think I will write about things that make me happy. In fact since this will be my 47th post I guess I will list. . . . . . . .

30 things that make me happy. Oh come on 47? No, no, no that would be too long. I bet even Mandi wouldn't stick with me.

#1. I love blogging. I already did a post on this quite a while ago but it still stands true so I figure why not. I love meeting new people, from all around the country and even from down under. I enjoy putting all my thoughts down and reading it over and thinking to myself, hmm, that's pretty good. So I will give a big Thank You to Donald and Lisa for getting me into it.

#2 I love babies and young children when they first wake up. They are so soft and so warm and SO squishy. It's also frequently the only time of the day when they are willing to sit and cuddle.

#3 Similar to number two. I just love those same babies and small children when they come out of their baths. They are just so fresh and clean and they smell so sweet. I love to wrap them in a big fluffy towel and take our time getting lotioned, dressed and hair brushed. Too bad that usually within an hour or two all that sweet smelling freshness has gone right out the window.

#4 I love finally making it home after you have been away for a while. I never love my home more than when I am climbing out of a disheveled, crowded (crowded even if it's just two of you. I have no idea why, it just feels that way) car. It feels so good to be home. It feels so good to go plop down on your bed and stretch out and stay that way for the next hour while sweet husband does all the work of bringing everything in from the car. (Hey, I did the PACKING!)

#5 Consequently, I also love the first moments of really being on your way when taking a trip. By this I mean, after you have fueled up (OUCH) after everyone has picked out a goody or two from the store which of course then makes the gas bill even ouchier. Oh yeah, and everyone has used the facilities at the Gas Station one last time. After ALL this when you are all in the car and you pull out and head for the Highway and you know you are really (finally) on your way. Yeah, I love that.

#6 I love when you first walk into your Hotel room. Don and I learned years ago to not scrimp on Lodging. We don't usually stay at the most expensive ones but it is usually a three star one. I love coming in and it's so nice and fresh and clean and just waiting for you to mess it all up. ( Not on purpose of course it's just the way it happens) And then knowing that it will be all clean again that evening when you come back from your day out.

#7 (Keeping with my travel theme) I LOVE Disneyland!!! I love everything about it. I also love neighboring California Adventure. A lot of people diss good ole CA AD. I don't know why. It has some of the coolest rides I have ever been on. We have only been there once in the whole time we've been married. It was five years ago this summer. We only had Shawn and Courtney with us. It was the best vacation we have ever taken with kids. It really is the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!

#8 I love movies. Here are the most recent ones I have seen. Hancock. Loved it but a little too much swearing. WALL E. Cute and fun. Not for younger than 8 in my opinion. sex and the city. I know what most of you are thinking. But I have been watching the edited show on cable for years and love it. I love the sisterhood and friendship of it all. And yes I think there were way too many gratuitous sex scenes, that I could have done without, but I still loved it. I love going to movies. I love the Big Screen. I love the whole Movie going experience! As long as the other patrons are behaving themselves. (But then you know how I feel about that.)

#9 I love my family. One of my favorite things in the whole world is to all be together. Eating, talking, laughing, wishing that everyone else could be there with us. Watching my Granddaughters play. Watching them love each other. Seeing how much the cousins can enjoy each other.

#10 I love spending time with my two daughters. I spend more time with Courtney than Heidi. But only because Courtney is more geographically desirable. I love being with them both together and being with them individually. We really have a lot of fun.

#11 I love when my Husband comes home from work. Enough said.

#12 I love Hanfords every other Friday off. Again, enough said.

#13 I usually love sewing. I am really in a slump right now though. That happens to me every few years or so. For some reason I can't get interested in sewing anything. My poor Etsy shop is clearly feeling the strain. But when I am in the mood there are few things more satisfying than picking out fabric, picking out the right pattern and within a few hours to have made a beautiful little dress that either I will give to a little granddaughter or sell at my shop.

#14 I love Jujyfruits. There I've said it. I'm not sure why but for the last year I have stopped liking food. Even food that I used to LOVE. Things like Prime rib, lobster and shrimp. I almost can't stand meat at all anymore. But the one thing I have not lost my taste for is candy. Isn't that shameful? My favorite candy is jujyfruits. They stick to your teeth like crazy, but that's okay, you just peel them off and then have a second round of jujyfruit goodness.
Please try not to judge me.

#15 I love when you are driving somewhere and every light is in your favor. It just feels so nice to slide right through every light either because it just turns red as you get to it, or it stays red for you as you come up to it, or you get through right before it turns red. I really like that.

#16 I love books. I love to read. I would almost always choose reading over watching TV. I don't think I will list my favorite books though. There are a few of the books I love already on my profile, so if you are interested you can go there, but really I put a very small sampling of them. I don't really have a favorite author because I read so many different genres. But I really do love Stephen King.

Wow. I guess I am done. Who knew? I thought I could come up with thirty. I don't think that this means there are only sixteen things I love. No it just means that Don just got home from work (happy me) and he just came and said "Well it looks like you aren't making dinner so lets get Shawn and go to Quiznos. So I guess we are going to Quiznos. That's another thing I love BTW, not worrying about dinner.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you got more than 1/2 way to 30. I love the stuff you love.

So I guess this means you love Quiznos more than blogging?

KaTrina said...

Great post :)

Lisa Christine said...

I loved all your descriptions. So accurate.

Jan said...

There is a whole lot of love in this post Susan. Can't wait for the rest.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love, love, love everything on your list also. I really appreciated how you described why also, I am a "have to know the reason girl" so I really appreciated that. Have a great day!

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Love the post, Love the Jujey fruits and Love you!

Amy J. said...

I am right there with #3 and #16...another thing that I love about babies and kids out of the bath is there beautiful sparkly eyes that look amazing because they have flecks of water on them!

Jeanette said...

I love reading your blog. Enough said.

Oh, and I love babies when they are sleeping. Especially mine.

Mandi said...

Susan, I would stick with you no matter how long the post was, I might have to read it in two goes, but I would be there!!!

I loved your list, I love your honesty and your heart, you are an amazing woman, and I am blessed to call you my friend.......xxx

Michelle Alley said...

Coming home from being being out and the first part of a trip - I totally understand and agree with! Love this post!

Stephanie said...

Great post as always. Have a great day. Thank you for your kind words.
Hope your having a great day.

The Donald said...

Nice list mum. And you are welcome for getting you your own blog!