Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two for One

Lisa tagged me with the six things thing. So I will list in six words (or more) what I know about myself. It will be a short list, because after all, it's only six. I have a hard time keeping things short but I shall try.

1. Loyal

2. Generally Happy

3. Nice!

4. Loving

5. Generous

6. Insightful

Well that was quick, I guess I know me better than I thought. I tried to think of a word that means, Happily Free Spirited, but I couldn't so I didn't. Is it cheating to add one more description in your remarks after you have done the six? Probably, but that's another thing about me,

I CHEAT.

Now don't get your panties in a bunch. I only cheat when it's of no great importance. And I really don't even think of it as cheating. I prefer to think of it as,,,,

Leveling the playing field.

Oh and here is what some sticklers might consider cheating. I'm not going to tag anyone because so many people have already been tagged that I probably can't come up with five. And also I haven't stuck to the script so anyone I tagged would probably end up more confused than anything. I do want to be Nice though. So I will write six words for six people (one word each that is, not 36 all together) that may not have had the chance to do this little exercise in self diagnoses.

1. Dani from Kentucky - Fun

2.Mandi from Australia - Free Spirited

3. Jennifer from Texas - Athletic

4.Donald from my womb - Confident

5. KaTrina from Missouri - Adventurous

6.Debi from Pasco - Admirable

There how is that? I can't ever leave things alone, I always have to make them my own.

Alright. That was ONE. And as you can tell from my title this is a two for one post.

So, to number two.

Jan did a lovely post recently on the things she would wish for. She said three wishes, but, I think one of them must have been for more wishes (that would certainly be my second wish) because she did much more than three.

I know that a lot of people out there are going to be thinking "Wow, Susan sure does have a lot of time on her hands" But, I have spent countless hours of devoting my thinking to the whole three wishes thing. And unless your wishes are being granted by the Genie in "Aladdin" I think that wishing for more wishes is a perfectly acceptable thing to wish for.

Susan's Wish list (that she has spent a lot of time refining so it pretty much covers everything.)

Wish #1. I wish that everything I wish for will always turn out the way I intend it to, that nothing that I or any normal person would consider bad or harmful or to cause unexpected trouble will ever happen because of something I have wished for.

Wish #2. I wish for more wishes, as many as I need and only to be used when I need them, so that if I was ever to say, I wish that person would drop off the face of the Earth or some such thing that I really don't mean I would not have to worry about it happening.

Wish #3. I wish that I and anyone else that I love and care about will have a body free of excess weight, with no disease, with perfect vision, to be whatever height they want to be, and with the hair that they would like to have.

Wish #4. I wish I could have a beautiful singing voice.

Wish#5. I wish that all the leadership positions in the world would be filled by good honest people who would serve their fellow men with only the very best and unselfish motives.

Wish#6. I wish for all of the neglected and abused, malnourished and uneducated children in this world to be found and helped so that all they know is how it feels to be loved and cared for.

Wish#7. I wish the same thing for all of the pets who suffer from abuse and neglect.

Wish#8 I wish that all of the lonely, sad and unloved teenagers and adults would find people that love and care about them and that have the resources to help them.

Wish#9. I wish that school teachers would earn more money and that any of them that are burned out or abusive or just plain incompetent would be quickly replaced by those who would do a better job.

Wish#10. I wish that every gang member in any city in our country or anywhere else in the world, where they are a threat to society, would see how evil they are and leave their old lives behind them and spend the rest of their lives doing good to make up for the evil they caused.

Wish#11. I wish that a true cure for cancer, heart disease and any other of the leading causes of death would be found and made available to every one who would need it.

Well I could go on and on, but I think I will stop here.

Jan this is the second time I have copied you with a post that I have been meaning to do but you beat me to it. I think our great minds really do think alike.
I hope you have enjoyed reading all these NICE thoughts of mine. And just like Jan said, I would love to hear about the things you would wish for. Either in a comment or a post.

I know that Jan won't mind because she is
1. Generous
2. Fun
3. Friendly
4.Loving
5. Wise
And
6. One of the glues that holds the blogging world together.

Thank you for reading
Nice Susan

UPDATE: I started to leave this as a comment on Jan's blog and then, when I realized how heartfelt it really was and I knew for a certainty that this would be the wish of my heart, I knew I would have to take it back from Jan's comments and put it here. Sorry Jan, but I know you will uderstand.

Oh and by the way Jan my 6th word for you would have to be Christ Like.

I wish that I could have one day every week when I could spend the day with just one of my children at whatever age I wanted them to be. I would so love to hold each of them again as babies. I would so love to go back to a time when I had treated them too harshly and just circle them in my arms and let them feel just how much I truly love them. I really think that if I could really truly have one wish that would be granted no matter how impossible it sounded that this is what I would wish for.

12 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Those are very NICE wishes, NICE Susan!

I am very proud to call you My Sister after a post like this! =)

dani said...

thank you, suz, for thinking of me. it would be most awesome to be fun together sometime!!! your wish list is very NICE!!!
my wish list is the same for you as for jan... that you recieve all your wishes!!! the two of you pretty much have everything covered:D
love,
dani

Stephanie said...

so very very nice.

Jan said...

Okay Susan, if you are going to copy my post, you could make it a little bit better than mine. But you topped it over with way better than mine :)

I think your 6 + words are worthily attached to you. You are so full of life and you do care deeply about others. I feel that. You simply live openly and honestly. That is fantastic really. Very rare.

This nice thing is getting out of hand though. I can't handle all the sweetness you put upon me. I have gained weight because of the sugar coated goodness that was oozing upon your typed words. But thank you I graciously say.

It is so much fun having you around. I have loved getting to know you. Bye you loving, loyal generous, happy, insightful nice person. And of course Cheater.

Alicia said...

What a thoughtful post. I enjoy your final wish. I've always thought it would be the neatest thing for my 80 year old self to meet my childhood/adolescent/young adult self. I'd have so much advice and and comfort to share to get through the inevitable hard times. I know that's not quite what your wish is, but it is something I've spent a surprising amount of time thinking about. So that would be my wish.

Mandi said...

Susan, I am speachless!!! That was a wonderful post!!! There were so many moments as I read where I laughed and then wanted to cry because it was so touching.....I AM SO GRATEFUL to have found you in this blogging world, you often lift my spirits more than you will ever know. So much of what you wrote is so true for me too - this is getting a little twilight zoney, and Im not talking about my interview.....have a wonderful week my friend......xxxx

KaTrina said...

Thank you :)

And yes, all of those words def. describe you!

I find it so odd that I can be listed as "from missouri" now.

Debie Spurgeon said...

All of your words fit perfectly, but the one that lingers with me is insightful because that's the first word I thought of after reading your wish list. That is a wonderful list with so much great "insight."

Jeanette said...

I typed this long comment and hit enter only to find "Blogger unavailable"

uuuugghh!

So this time, I will simply say, "Thank you for the thought provoking post."

Anonymous said...

NOw you're going over the top NICE! Love this post. I love your wishes, your 6 things, and all of it!
I laugh that you think I'm athletic. I only try to be.

tharker said...

Susan,
I have never met you, but oh how I adore you!!!!

Lisa Christine said...

It's 10:18, I just got home from orchestra, and Donald is gone to a movie. So what am I doing??? I am catching up on my blog reading.

First of all, Tiffani is right, you are 'adorable'.

Second, I love all your wishes! I can tell that you have put so much real thought into them. My favorite is the one where every child would feel love. It does break my heart to think of all the children that are living in less than favorable circumstances. It just doesn't seem fair.

Third, Jan is truly a gem ,isn't she. She makes this world a better place.

Fourth, I love your last wish of wanting to hold your babies. I am so afraid for this moment of my life to be over. I am scared to think of not having young children any more. I have built up to this moment my whole life, and I don't want it to ever end!