Sunday, July 20, 2008

Some NICE pictures!

Here I am, two days into being nice. And I have decided that I must be nicer than I have given myself credit for because I have hardly done anything differently. Of course I didn't leave the house even once yesterday. And today I only went to church. (I'm usually nice while I'm at church.) So to be honest I really haven't been tested yet.

So, since it's been a slow day for niceness for me I decided to do something nice for the people who read my blog, those that I haven't actually met in person. You know that I mention my kids quite often in my posts. And for quite a while I have thought I should put pictures of my children up so that you will all have a face to go with a name.

And as luck would have it my oldest son Donald was here tonight for dinner with his two oldest girls. My DIL Lisa is in California. She has been invited to come and audition for Deal or No Deal. Isn't that just COOL? And also, so very NICE? Her whole graduating class from her High School in Orange County Southern California have been invited. This is the show's newest gimmick apparently. It is for their class's ten year reunion.

Oh, I guess I got a little sidetracked. Because the whole moral of this story is that Donald was here tonight so he came upstairs to the computer with me and helped me find pictures of my three youngest.

Those would also be the three kids that just won't leave.

Well to put a NICER spin on it, Kelly is just a real late bloomer and he just hasn't decided what he wants to do with his life yet. But, he is starting school in the Fall, so High Hopes for Kelly.

My youngest Courtney wants to leave and get a place of her own, but she needs to learn to budget her money better.

And my Shawn.

Shawn will always be with us because he is autisitc and mildly mentally retarded. And he is my little Angel and I wouldn't let him leave even if he wanted to. Not to worry though. NOT to worry. We don't have a hostage situation here, Shawn is perfectly content to stay right where he is. In fact if anyone asks him if he would like to live in a nice group home, well first he would freak out, and then he would most likely yell and get into one of his moods. So Shawn Stays here.

All right, now to get to the point of this whole post. First I have pictures of my beautiful baby girl Courtney. These are a few of the pictures she has on her My Space. She has more pictures on this computer than all the rest of us combined so I have taken the liberty of swiping three of them just for you. Courtney is twenty and currently works at Target, where she is quite happy.










I'm having second thoughts about this one. I thought I could crop it but all blogger will let me do is change the size. But this is an honest portrayal of my youngest. So if it makes you more comfortable just picture her with a tee-shirt on instaed of her bikini top.



There that is my youngest. Isn't she pretty. And most the time she is really sweet too. (Most the time)

Alright, now my youngest son. My Shawn. I have written so extensively about him that he needs no more introduction. So heeeeeeres Shawn.





This one was taken Christmas of 2006 he was twenty here.



This one was taken just a few weeks ago for his twenty second Birthday. The white box thingy right in front of him is a brand new first aid kit that I bought for Donald and Lisa to give to him, which reminds me, Donald did you ever pay me for that? I can't remember. Oh by the way, this is a shot of Shawn smiling. I had to include a smiling shot because no one smiles like Shawn smiles. It takes up his whole face.

I love to see this kid smile!

Okay now we come to Kelly. Kelly is twenty six. It's kinda embarrassing to have a twenty six year old still living at home but like I said, he is a bit of a late bloomer. We have high hopes for him. Hopefully before he hits the big four oh. One more thing I could only find this one picture of him. This was Christmas 2007 I believe but it might have been 2006, I'm really not sure. He looks a little tubby because, well he was. He has since lost weight and doesn't look 5 months along anymore.

Sorry Kelly.

Kelly just came home and saw the picture I had of him at Christmas. He said I could keep it up but he wanted to put up a current picture. So of course I told him YES. I'm nice like that.This is a very current picture of Kelly. Doesn't he just look so NICE?

Well these are my live-at-homers. My two oldest, Donald and Heidi are not here because I don't have pictures readily available. Of course my DIL Lisa has plenty of Donald on her blog. And Donald has a few of himself so chances are you have seen him already. And Heidi? Well Heidi doesn't blog. She scrapbooks. There is a picture of her and her husband Jeff however on my Lil Brother Mike's Fifth of July video. She and Jeff were doing a duet of Bohemian Rhapsody. She has on a black shirt and some really cute glasses. So if you are desperate to see Heidi, go HERE.

Well, does all this make me a doting mother? It probably does. And you know what? I am fine with that. Because doting Mothers are just so NICE!!!

14 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

I'm enjoying the nice pictures Susan. Very nice.

You want to know what I think is nice? We get to spend a little time with your mom on Sunday afternoon at Phyllis's house, now that's nice.

Kelly said...

Yeah, that is a really bad picture of me. I wasn't that fat (I was sticking out my gut when you took this) but I was really out of shape.

I don't have the fatty chinstrap(s) anymore and while I still have a smidge of gut, you can't really see when I'm wearing a t-shirt.

Now if I can just get myself to start running and keep up with my crunches I'll be back to my high school self soon.

Lisa Christine said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. The rules said I had to leave you a comment to let you know. So here you go!

Jan said...

You and this nice thing is just a blast. I love it. Those are some really cute kids you have there Susan. You are very blessed indeed.

I loved each description too. I laughed and said aww. You are a true doting and nice mother for sure. Kudos to you sister.

Alicia said...

What a nice post Susan. It's always fun to see pictures of people we read about. Even if I already know them!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

NICE pictures, Sue!! And as your part-time tech support guy, I'm particularly impressed that you included both Pictures AND a link!

Look at you go!!

p.s. we've picked a weekend and are planning a trip east!

Janice Head said...

After reading your nice posts, I would like to remind everyone that no one was nicer with Dad when he was demented than you. I will be forever grateful for that. Is Kelly going to CBC? It would be fun to have him in class (I think)

dani said...

suz, you are being sooooooooooooo NICE... lol, poor kelly had to explain himself!!!
love,
dani

The Donald said...

Uh...I think I still owe you some moola for the first aid kit. When the purse strings get back from Cali I will see too getting you your payment.

And sorry Kelly, but you were that fat. As someone who used to sport a gut that big, it is easy to live in denial. But I must say though, kudos to you keeping it off for almost a year now!

KaTrina said...

Oh Kelly. That picture is way too funny, but I must admit I felt bad for you and almost sent her one of you from June, but then I saw the picture below, and thought of it as some dietary picture, you know, a before and after ;)

Way to go being NICE Susan! The real test will be going back to that Arby's while that shift lead is working lol

KaTrina said...

...Thinking about it..Kelly kinda looks like a hobo in that first picture...Sorry Kelly!

Anonymous said...

It is so nice of you nice suasan to post these nice pictures of your nice kids.
Have a nice day.

Stephanie said...

beautiful family.

Jeanette said...

That is not just nice but sweet, funny and heart warming.

I have found that as my children grow, I take less pictures. Seeing your pictures, I am going to try and take more.