Sunday, July 13, 2008

Show Time!

First of all, I want everyone to know that I am being a very brave girl.

Now for my little announcement.












NO. I am not PREGNANT!!!!!! Ooh that would be Nightmare City.

I will let my sweet and completely capable cousin Debi Spurgeon take care of those things.

WAY to GO Debi.

Any way, I am here to announce that my baby brother Mike (I can call him baby because I use to change his diapers and feed him and all that stuff. And I have loved him for every second of his life!) So Mike has finally put together the video that till now you have only heard rumors of.

Yes THAT video. The one of our partying at his house on the Fifth of July, Normally the day known as Shawn's birthday.

I am being very brave to send you over there to watch it because like so many talented performers (joke, trust me COMPLETE joke) I have a hard time watching myself on tape. It really brings out my harshest self critic. For that reason I never like pictures taken of me.

Now please believe me. I am NOT fishing for compliments.

No. I really just want credit for being brave enough and a good sport enough to let all my new blogging buddies see me in action, and at the same time help my little brother find a few more readers.

For some reason guys have to try twice as hard (at blogging) to get half as many readers as we girls. So give my little brother a chance and go here (I am now going to call Donald and see if he can walk me through doing a link. If it works you will be there, (at Mike's) instead of here.)

And if you like, and you have never visited his blog before, feel free to introduce yourself and also read some of his other posts.

See what an adoring, encouraging and all around good Sister I am?

Hmm, maybe I am fishing just a little. I just try really hard to give myself good, healthy pats on the back, and I hope that all of you do the same.

6 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Congrats! The link worked! I am proud of you for sending people to see 'the video'. I know how much you hate having even your photo taken. And so to lead people to this willingly....that's a big step for you.

I loved the video. It totally highlights the fact that you are fun, outgoing, and confident. An amazing lady all around!

See you tonight!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Thanks for sending people my way, Sue!! I'm pretty sure I've loved you every second of my life too, although there may have been times that you tried to feed me stuff that I thought was nasty so I didn't think very highly of you then... but that was so many years ago I know that there aren't any lingering effects!

Thanks for the plug, and thanks in advance for anyone brave enough to introduce themselves over on my blog!

(special thanks to Emily, who already has!)

Mandi said...

Amazing!!! You inspire me!!! I have always wanted to sing Karaoke, but have never (never NEVER) had the guts to do it, so you think Ive got balls well babe you win hands down!!!

Jan said...

Oh yeah. It was total crack up. I loved it. I told Mike its a good thing we didn't grow up together. It would have been really crazy I think. Great job Susan. So much fun you are.

libbie said...

I think that was great! Seriously, I love when people can have some good healthy fun. I know what you mean about being your own worst critic. But I decided not very many years ago, that I just don't care what people think about me. It makes my life so much easier.
So hurray for you, getting up there and having tons of fun, singing your heart out in front of the camera. Especially such killer songs. Gotta love that "sister christian" classic!
Also, it would have been hilarious if you announced you were pregnant. Could you imagine!

Anonymous said...

Great job my friend! I love it.