Thursday, March 5, 2009

Courtney in black

I'm running low on ideas at the moment, I could use a good tag about now.
Oh well,
I just went through my archives because splattered throughout them are a few rough drafts where I started writing a post and for some reason didn't finish it.

Long story short.

I found these pictures of Courtney that I took last September. She had just bought herself this new coat at Macy's. She looked so darn cute in it that we just had to take pictures.

For my newer readers, Courtney is my lovely baby girl. She is 21. She works at Target, and is trying to get back to school.

She is one of the big reasons that Shawn is as advanced as he is.

Their young life together was one of Courtney doing fun kid things and Shawn following right along and copying her. So even though she is my youngest, and even though Shawn knows that (Shawn can "know" things but still not really "know" them)

She will always be his big sister.

Other than me, she can get Shawn to cooperate better than anyone else in our family.

I love my little Courtney. And here she is modeling her black coat. She kind of reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in these.










Disclaimer: these pictures were taken upstairs in our family room. I wanted to go outside to take them but the weather was pretty bad that day.



16 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

So Audrey Hepburn.....love it!

Mandi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Stephanie said...

I agree!

KaTrina said...

aww Courtney is so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. Such personality!
Love the coat.

Thanks for missing me.
I missed you too.

Josephine said...

Cute pictures :) There's a family in our ward with an autistic son, and his sister doesn't live in our ward any more, but I love to sit behind them when she's visiting, because I just love to watch how sweet she is with him! Maybe it's the same sort of relationship...
Avery is 3 now, although I can hardly believe she was born that long ago! Time really does fly by! And yes, she does have the sweetest spirit :)

Alicia said...

Nice pictures, and a very cute coat! You a week or so ago, you told me to look for an interesting post coming up...I'm still waiting and anticipating...hopefully it'll come soon!

David said...

is that a mattress propped against the wall?

Hi courtney.

Jan said...

So cute for sure Susan. She does look like she is headed for Tiffanys for Breakfast. Darling.

Amanda said...

She is a beautiful girl Susan!
I remember going to Macy's when we visited New York about 6 years ago ~ wish i could go back to New York and Macy's! Loved it!
Hope you all have a good weekend.
Love,
Amanda x

dani said...

VERY audrey hepburn'isn, suz!!! that's what i was going to say before i read that you thought so, too:) courtney is a beauty:D
love,
dani

My Three Sons said...

She is darling! Hmmm...I'm thinking about two of my elegible bachelor brothers right now :) Would she be totally against dating someone who is 27?

...and she has good taste in outerwear!

Jeanette said...

I wish I had a coat that cute and looked that cute in it.

Oh, and I'm totally bummed that I didn't win your giveaway. ;)

tharker said...

Gorgeous!! I especially love the last picture!

P.S.
Your comment on my post about Lemon Bars, Laundry, and Anne Taylor Loft CRACKED me up! I really must meet you in real life one day. You are so sweet and funny!!!

Tabitha said...

They are great pictures ~ she looks wonderful!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Anonymous said...

umm heidi can sway shawn alot more then i can lol i wish you didnt put that last pictrue up i dont like my face in it much i was also zoning all the easter isle at work tonight and relzied the reason i love easter so much is beacouse my mom always made me beautiful easter basket and thats why i love them so much.