Monday, March 16, 2009

A real Puzzler

I just had a great idea. I've made up a little puzzle. I have written out a fairly common saying, instead of putting in all the letters though I decided to put only the first letter of each word and blank spots for the rest of the letters.

My dilemma is, that since I know the answer it looks really easy to me. I had my son Kelly see if he could figure it out.

No such luck.

And this is the kind of thing that he is usually better at than me.

Now I know that I just had a give away. But it was fun to do, so I thought, hmm, why don't I turn this into a little challenge for my friends. I think it will work like this, if you are the first to figure it out and e-mail me the answer, you will win a prize.

As for the prize, I think I will offer a variety of different goodies, and let the winner choose. This will depend a little on how far I would need to ship it. But don't worry my friends who live far, far, away. If one of you wins, I'm thinking of something like making a dress for the little girl in your life. Or an apron, or maybe even a bag.

To prove that I'm not all hot air, click here to look at my etsy store and you can see the dresses I have sold or have for sale in my shop TwiddleSticks, be sure and also click on the ones I have sold so far, to get an idea of my work.

I know that there are even a few of you that would like some Killian Korn of their own. Or I could send you some really, really, good homemade cookies. Don't worry if you win I'll make sure you are happy with your prize!

Now, I don't know if there really is a way to go online and cheat somehow. I should be honest here, I am actually not afraid to cheat myself sometimes.

I like to look at it as leveling the playing field.

Trust me if you've ever played board games with my son Donald you will know what I mean. He doesn't necessarily cheat, he mostly just has really good luck, plus he is often inclined to be a bit ruthless.

Now all of this is neither here nor there.

I am simply asking you all to please not cheat. Granted I don't know if you could, but there's a lot of things that are possible on-line that I know very little about.

The contest will end when I have a winner.

If no one has come up with the answer by Wednesday the 18th, I will show the puzzle again with a clue added, to make it easier. And if no one has solved it by Friday the 20th, I will add another clue.

I'm pretty sure that won't be necessary, but if it is I will add more clues every two days until I have a winner.

Okay here's what to do. I have chosen a fairly common saying. The first letter of each word is there followed by a blank line for the rest of the letters in that word. I think it should be pretty easy to understand. Understand Yes. But to solve it, I can't wait to see, how quick you all will be.

Oh one more thing, I would also like you to leave me a comment telling what you think of my little puzzle. It would also be fun to see what you would like for a prize if you are the winner. Who knows if you leave me a good enough comment, I might even consider a secondary prize.


UPDATE: Kelly figured it out so easily that I came back and took out a few letters. I don't want my contest over in the first day after all.


_ _ _ _ / _ _ / o_ _ _ / s _ _ _ _ / _ _ /_ _ _, / f _ _ _ /_ _ /t _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ / _ _ /m _ .

In case you don't see it on my blog, my e-mail address is soozimail@gmail.com Thanks for playing.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah, still no idea whatsoever. And it's going to drive me crazy until somebody else figures it out. C'mon people hurry up!

Kelly said...

Okay, I know what it is now. But since the runner of the contest is barely five feet away, I'll let somebody else get it.

Stephanie said...

so far i am brain dead

Stephanie said...

p.s. the dresses are beautiful.

Lisa Christine said...

nice plug for your etsy shop :)

(I'll ponder your puzzle while at rehearsal tonight)

Lisa Christine said...

I just realized that you consider this to be a 'common phrase'...but then again, there are a lot of things that you think everyone knows about that I have never even heard of :)

{rudolph christmas special for example}

Lisa Christine said...

WAIT I KNOW IT!!

bensfm said...

Did she really get it already? Before I even knew it was there?

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Lisa doesn't know the Rudolph Christmas Special????

If I win (which I won't, because Lisa already got it) I would want Killian's Korn.

And if I don't win, I'll tell Mom.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

oops, that was me (Mike) not Cindy.